6 vital reasons to care for your skin; Are you looking after yours?
The function of our skin is vital for good health and in fact survival.
Have you seen the movie Gold Finger? The ‘Bond Girl’ is covered in gold paint and subsequently dies. Our skin needs to breath and if it can’t breath our health is jeopardized.
Did you know your skin is the biggest organ of the body?
It has many important functions:
1. Protection: the skin is the physical barrier of the body to protect it form sun damage, bacteria and injury.
2. Sensation: the skin in the sensory receptors for touch, pressure, heat and cold, warning the brain of pain and danger but also contact and personal connection.
3. Temperature regulation: the skin releases sweat to cool the body and adjusts blood flow to the skin dermis for heating and cooling.
4. Excretion: waste products such as ammonia and urea are released through the skin. It is an elimination channel for a healthy body.
5. Absorption: Vitamins A, D, E and K are absorbed through the skin. Oxygen and carbon dioxide are also absorbed this way.
6. Endocrine function: the skin absorbs chemicals from the sun that are used to make Vitamin D for strong bones and muscles.
So what are you putting on your skin?
Using organic products on your skin obviously makes good common sense.
What you put on your skin goes into your body!
What you put on your skin goes into your bloodstream and is distributed around the body. You can actually absorb more toxins through your skin than from your food. Worse still your food is broken down and sorted by your digestive system so that the toxins is filtered out but the skin doesn’t have this function. The toxic chemicals go through the blood to the liver to be cleaned up but this puts more workload on our already over burdened liver.
According to Therese Kerr, Miranda Kerr’s Mum and owner of the Divine organic product range:
“Our bodies weren’t designed to be loaded with toxic chemicals and on average a women will put around 250+ chemicals on her skin a day, of which 65-70 percent will be absorbed into her body.”
The Altearah Bio Body oils are natural and organic and above all beneficial for you and your skin. They are made form certified organic vegetable oils which are cold pressed and unscented. The basic carrier oil in the body oil on their own is full of beneficial omega 3 and 6 fats that are great for the nervous system as well as the skin.
These quality oils are selected for their healing qualities:
- Apricot Kernel Oil contains amygdalin an alternative cancer treatment
- Sesame Seed Oil used in the treatment of several chronic disease processes, including hepatitis, diabetes and migraines
- Sunflower Oil improve heart health, boost energy, strengthen the immune system, improve your skin health, prevent cancer, lower cholesterol, protect against asthma, and reduce inflammation
- Hemp Oil helps increases the blood circulation
Add the pure essential oils exquisitely blended to match the frequency and vibration of each of the 14 colours and you have something very special.
You can go online at www.altearah.com.au and read the full ingredients of each of the 14 blends and the additional benefits you get from each one.
Our Gold body oil will have you feeling more confident and vitalized and will have your skin glowing and radiant.
- Maureen Callister